From the author of Sit! Stay! Speak! comes a tender, terrific novel complete with long-buried secrets, a three-legged pot belly pig, and an irresistible dog—an unforgettable story about love, friendship, and community. Perfect for fans of Mary Kay Andrews and Mary Alice Monroe.
Caroline O’Connor never dreamed she’d be back home in Cold River, Missouri, the Ozark Mountain town where everyone is ‘up your business.’…they mean well as they drive you crazy. She thought she’d left town for good, but now she’s back, helping to care for her New York born mother—struck with Alzheimer’s, and prone to saying and doing anything—and her father, the beloved local doctor frustrated he can’t cure his own wife.
As for Caroline, she’s doing ‘just fine’ coping with her parents, her brazen cousin Ava Dawn’s marital disasters, her mostly-deaf dog…and with Noah Cranwell, far-flung relative of a local family mostly infamous for running moonshine, an ex-veteran who’s come to Cold River with troubles of his own.
Caroline believes she knows everything about Cold River and the people who live in its hills and hollers … but sometimes life’s greatest surprises happen closest to home.
Purchase the book at:
12 Things About Annie England Noblin
1. I have three dogs—an English Bulldog named Mikey, a Boston Terrier named Lucky, and a Pug/French Bulldog mix named Lillie.
2. I feed all the feral cats on my street. Two springs ago, one of the cats had kittens on my front porch. I brought her inside along with her kittens. A few weeks later, I found three half-drowned kittens on the sidewalk outside my house and brought them in as well. Now we have two inside cats (I found the rest homes). Their names are Master Splinter and Spooky.
3. I also have two Beta fish—Leo and Shredder—and a hermit crab named Spike.
4. I absolutely love to read historical fiction. I’m currently reading The Lake House by Kate Morton. Someday, I hope to write historical fiction as well.
5. I’m from a very small Missouri Ozarks town called Koshkonong. We learn to spell the name of the town in kindergarten, and my graduating class had just fifteen students.
6. I call my mother at least a dozen times a day.
7. Some of the first stories I ever wrote were fan fiction, and I would share them with my friends for critiques and comments.
8. When I sold my first novel, I was giving a final in one of the English classes that I teach. I was so excited that I leapt into the air and pulled a muscle in my back.
9. I watch Judge Judy religiously, although I’m fully convinced she’d hate me if we ever met.
10. I love to take naps more than I love just about anything else in life.
11. I love to debate politics and religion, usually at the most inappropriate times.
12. I’ve lived many different places, including St. Louis, Missouri, and Little Rock, Arkansas. But the Ozarks is my home, and I truly believe it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Annie England Noblin lives with her son, husband, and three dogs in the Missouri Ozarks. She graduated with an M.A. in creative writing from Missouri State University and currently teaches English and communications for Arkansas State University in Mountain Home, Arkansas. She spends her free time playing make-believe, feeding stray cats, and working with animal shelters across the country to save homeless dogs.
Connect with the author at:
HarperCollins is giving two
Lucky winners print copies of
Just Fine With Caroline by Annie England Noblina Rafflecopter giveaway