By: Maria Geraci
Releasing April 28th, 2015
Allie Grant doesn’t believe in second chances. She does, however, believe in the power of a permanent paycheck. So when a tipster reports that the soon-to-be demolished senior center in her hometown is haunted, Allie hightails it to Whispering Bay to get the scoop that could secure her dream job at Florida! magazine. What she finds, though, is far scarier than any ghost. Cue her ex-boyfriend, sexy construction foreman Tom Donalan.
When Tom catches Allie poking around his construction site, he quickly realizes his former high school flame is just as feisty as ever. And, heaven help him, her irresistible, mile-high legs still take his breath away. But Tom isn’t about to delay the building’s demolition because of a silly ghost story.
With neither of the stubborn exes backing down from their opposing positions, sparks fly. And, underneath the surface, the fire of their old attraction burns as hot as ever. When strange things start happening with increasing frequency around town, even a tough skeptic like Tom is tested. The question is, can Allie and Tom stop fighting long enough to get to the bottom of Whispering Bay’s ghost problem—and the more important matter of mending their broken hearts?
“12 Things About Maria Geraci”
1. When I was four years old, a squirrel swooped down onto my family’s picnic table and stole my McDonald’s hamburger. I have hated the little rats ever since. And yes, I hold a grudge.
2. My first kiss was while playing Spin the Bottle at an 8th grade graduation party. That counts, right?
3. My favorite Jane Austen romance is Persuasion. I adore Captain Wentworth and the beautiful love letter he sends to Anne at the end of the novel.
4. I am a huge Survivor fan, although I know I wouldn’t last one day on the island without begging to be voted off!
5. I am terrified of bridges. When I was a little girl my mother used to pay me a penny anytime we had to go over one. Later in life, this went up to a nickel.
6. I hate mayonnaise. No need to expound on that.
7. My favorite comfort food is a toss-up between ropa vieja and fried grouper with cheese grits.
8. I am most comfortable wearing either flip flops or sneakers. Unlike a lot of women, the number of shoes I own would be in the single digit category.
9. My idea of a great date would be dinner at a quiet restaurant followed by a couple of hours in a book store, then coffee and dessert (key lime pie or cheese cake).
10.I have to eat some chocolate every day.
11.When I started writing, I wrote in my husband’s walk in closet. I converted it into an “office” because there wasn’t any other room in the house where I could get any privacy!
12.I have “accidentally” delivered more babies than I can count (in my other life I’m a labor and delivery nurse!).
About the Author:
Maria Geraci writes contemporary romance and women’s fiction with a happy ending. The Portland Book Review called her novel, The Boyfriend of the Month Club, “immensely sexy, immensely satisfying and humorous.” Her fourth novel, A Girl Like You, was nominated for Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA ® award. She lives in north Florida with her family, which includes a very needy chihuahua, an extremely needy dachshund and a not-so-needy cat (guess which one she likes best?). You can reach at her www.mariageraci.com.
Grand Prize: Vera Bradley Beach Tote
Second prize: Signed Print Copy of That Thing You Do